Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sarah Dunegan: e-commerce web design and web marketing



This is me, Sarah Dunegan, a University of Northern Iowa Graphic Technologies Major. 

What's that? Oh, well..... it's ok, I get that a lot, but let me tell you! The graphic technology industry represents one of the largest industries in the world! This includes professions in electronic and traditional printing, publishing, packaging, digital imaging, computer graphics, website development, digital photography, printable electronics and more!    I have also been educated about proper supervision and management that will successfully run a business! 

This growing and changing industry is responsible for the creation, production, management, and distribution of marketing, web-sites, books, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, packages, and other media in printed and digital form! 

Not only am I a graphic technology major, but I am also a marketing and art minor. Why? Because they fit together with the graphic technology industry PERFECTLY! Not only can I produce these products that everyone uses everyday, but I can design and market them as well. 

So, what do I want to do for a career when I graduate? This is tough went you have so many options! I am interested in the design and development of these marketing materials, specifically e-commerce web-design. I am interested in what people are clicking on and what people are drawn to in a website. What is the best way to market to people on webpages? Throughout this blog I will expand on my personal brand statement: I am a tech-savvy visionary interested in the design of e-commerce webpages as it relates to web marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment